Welcome to Blackboard
Blackboard allows “course designers” (faculty) to create an interactive learning environment that brings instructors and students together in a virtual classroom. It’s an online course management solution that combines course development and delivery tools with a comprehensive course administration system.
N.B.: All faculty members who want their course(s) to be on Blackboard have to submit the Course Request, or send an email to Blackboard Administrator: email@example.com with a CC to the Dean of the School, in turn, you will receive in 24 hrs an email confirming that your course(s) has been created. Once you receive the confirmation email you can use your LAU email username as Blackboard username and password to logon.
For example, if your LAU email username is firstname.lastname@example.org, then your Blackboard username is john.smith, without @lau.edu.lb .
Blackboard allows you to:
- Provide course materials online
- Evaluate students with quizzes and assignments
- Communicate with students using:
- disscussion boards
- electronic mail
- real-time chat sessions
- Student self-evaluation
- Course calendar
It also allows you to:
- Facilitate learning using:
- Searchable index
- Student Presentation online
- Share your course content with other faculty members
- Record, maintain and communicate grades
- Obtain data that will allow you to anaylze the effectiveness of your course